Zion National Park | Rahhala |
Dinosaur National Monument is an outstanding park for anyone interested in Dinosaurs. Zion national park has a variety of life zones, it has numerous plant species and 289 species of birds, 75 mammals, and 32 reptiles.
How to make your visit to Zion national park safe and sound
1. Visit the visitor center and find out what activities are happening in the park that day.
2. Pick up a map so that you know what there is to see and the best way to get there.
3. If you are just passing through the area, you could leave your proposed route with the center staff so that they know where you are heading.
4. Make sure that everyone in your group has a hat.
5. Also observe all safety recommendations that are posted by the park personnel, This is especially important if you intend to be hiking in the park.
Zion national park main attractions
The Dinosaur Quarry
Here, in the Dinosaur Quarry building, you’ll see hundreds of dinosaur fossil bones exposed from the rock. The quarry itself was proclaimed to be the largest single collection of dinosaur bones found.
Finding a fossil
Although it’s possible that visitors could be lucky enough to find a previously undiscovered fossil, it’s illegal to remove any such item from the park and if you are fortunate enough to be the first person to discover a fossil, you must have it in to the appropriate authorities in the park.
Other points of interest in the park are the petroglyphs along Park Drive, and cabins that are reported to have belonged to homesteaders.
The Green and Yampa Rivers
For those looking for a more physical thrill among the ancient history, there are river trips of various lengths and skill levels on the Green and Yampa Rivers.
Hiking in the subway
There are two ways of exploring The Subway, but both required an experienced hiker of The Subway, for the many route details.
Dinosaur National Monument is a “in the field” museum which shows ancient history in the shape of the Dinosaur remains that have been uncovered there, the Indian art that was discovered and also the more modern history of settlers.
It’s a unique experience to record for your vacation photo album.